Humans are visual creatures, and the importance of visuals in content marketing cannot be overstated. Visual-rich media, such as photos, images, and videos, have a huge impact on the success of written content and overall content marketing strategies. Eye-catching visuals not only captivate us, but they also help us better understand the message that visual conveys – and who is behind the message. Hence, having compelling visuals is crucial in branding and marketing.
When it comes to content, planning the message, audience, and goals is important; however, one should never ignore the power of visual content to supplement or complete each piece of content. From the start, one should consider what types of images, infographics, videos, animations, and other rich media could be added to the content to enhance messaging and further ensure it resonates with users. While visuals communicate ideas faster and easier, it is important to note that visuals are not just aesthetically pleasing but offer numerous benefits beyond that.
Here are seven evidence-based reasons why content needs compelling visuals to fully and efficiently convey a message, tell a story, and create a connection:
1. Humans prefer visuals: Humans are wired to prefer video, animation, and imagery over text because we can obtain and retain information faster, better, and for longer. With the growth of multi-device usage for people worldwide, visual content has become critical to success.
2. Visuals create connections: The right visuals can create strong connections, which become stronger with creative, stimulating visuals that are the backbone of marketing success. Not only do visuals allow brands to enhance and clarify their messaging, but they also help solidify brands’ identities.
3. Visuals generate more organic visibility: Google search is continually evolving, and marketers should be considering the best way to display the messaging in terms of how it appears on webpages, social media, and search. When snippets have compelling visuals, they perform better.
4. Visuals help capture short attention spans: Humans have short attention spans, and video, infographics, and relevant, high-quality photos can help break through the noise and reach those with short attention spans.
5. Visuals are more memorable: Visuals not only stand out at first sight, but they are also easier to remember. Adding visuals to any presentation helps humans’ ability to recall it up to several days later by 65%.
6. Visuals can help drive leads: Visual content can lead to increased engagement – and more engagement often means more leads. Match this concept with a clear and concise call-to-action, and content can drive leads.
7. Visuals can drive social media shares and referral traffic: Many eyes also see a specific piece of content through social media shares, emails, and more, including referral visits attributed to those backlinks.
In conclusion, visuals are crucial in conveying messages, telling stories, and creating a connection with the audience. By adding visuals to content, marketers can expect to see increased engagement, organic visibility, and brand recognition. Therefore, it’s important to have a content marketing strategy that includes strong visual content. If you’re in need of SEO Augusta’s SEO services to help you with your visual content, feel free to check out their website.