Boosting Organic Search Results and ROI with Effective SEO Strategy in 2023
Search engine algorithms and rules are constantly evolving. To keep ahead of competitors, it is vital to keep the fundamentals of SEO at the forefront of your strategy while prioritizing efforts for the most rewarding outcomes. In ecommerce, prioritization is even more critical. So, how can you ensure the performance of your SEO strategy in 2023?
On April 5, Jon Earnshaw, Chief Product Evangelist, and Sophie Moule, Head of Product and Marketing from Pi Datametrics, demonstrated how to maximize the ROI of your SEO strategy through focus and prioritization of opportunities. Here’s a summary of the webinar. For the complete presentation, complete the form.
1. Identify Seasonal Keyword Search Trends
To ensure that your content is ready and optimized at just the right moment, spot significant recurring search trends and peaks. Here are five ways to make sure your SEO strategy stays ahead of popular searches:
– Categorize your search terms to align with the categories and subcategories on your website.
– Monitor cooperative search volume data over a recommended 3-year period.
– Identify and note peaks and troughs.
– Plan your content to launch far in advance of the peak.
– Share the data with other teams within the business, such as product and merchandising.
By determining seasonal search trends, you can create content in advance with the right focus, encompassing the main and related keywords.
2. Find & Capitalize on Low-Hanging Fruit
To prioritize low-hanging fruit, focus on high-ROI and low-effort opportunities. Here are some guidelines to follow:
– Look at collective rankings of terms within a category.
– Identify where you are generating revenue and the opportunity and benchmarks for your sector/competitors.
– Find content that ranks on pages 2 and 3 and investigate how to tweak this content to get into the conversion zones.
– Communicate to the business how much the changes will be worth in terms of revenue.
By prioritizing low-hanging fruit and introducing changes to your content, you can enhance your ranking and attain better visibility.
3. Maximize Opportunities From the Entire SERP
Before figuring out how to reach the first page or why your ranking has decreased, look at the SERPs and determine if you belong there. The issue could be a mismatch of intent between the existing landscape and your specific offering. Try refining your search for exploring other opportunities.
Look at your performance for terms, compare it with competitors in refined doorway SERPs, and optimize your images. You can own the Answer Box and complement it with a classic link to look for opportunities beyond SERP Zero.
4. Optimize Your Content for Informational Searches
With the rise of AI, conversational search is increasing; therefore, informative searches are becoming popular. It’s crucial to optimize your content to guarantee quality signals and own the Answer Card.
By directing users to informative content, particularly when addressing their questions through features like “People Also Ask,” you can achieve higher conversion rates, increased average order value, and more return visits. This approach supports your commercial objectives by helping users find answers and build trust.
5. Find & Increase Your Share of Value
An effective way to communicate the impact of your SEO efforts is through the “share of value” metric. You can determine the share of value by analyzing the visibility of various websites across thousands of relevant keywords.
Evaluate your commercial visibility in the search landscape, not only as a whole but by category and subcategory. By doing so, you can identify areas where you outperform or underperform relative to your competitors.
Join SEO Augusta for Your SEO Needs
SEO Augusta provides comprehensive SEO solutions tailored to your business needs; our team of experienced professionals will make sure you stay ahead of the game. We offer a range of services including Local SEO, On-Page SEO, Technical SEO, Ecommerce SEO, and more. Visit us at SEO Augusta to learn more.