Top 10 Google Optimize Alternatives for A/B Testing and Analytics
Google Optimize, the popular freemium A/B testing and analytics tool, will sunset on September 30, 2023, leaving users in need of a new testing and analytics tool. To help you transition to an alternative, we have compiled a list of the top 10 Google Optimize alternatives for your consideration.
What is Google Optimize and Optimize 360?
Google Optimize, which was first launched on June 1, 2012, as Google Website Optimizer, is a web analytics and testing tool that lets webmasters experiment with their web pages and test variants to see how they perform against specified objectives. Its two main elements include:
- The Editor – A Chrome plugin that allows users to change visual HTML elements for testing
- The Reporting Suite – It provides tangible data about experiments by using data from your linked Google Analytics account
Using A/B testing of new content, designs, and layouts, website owners can make educated decisions about their web pages, driven by insights from metrics. With the free version, users can run up to 5 experiments, while the paid version, Optimize 360, lets them run over 100 experiments simultaneously.
Why Is Google Optimize Being Sunset?
Users of Google Optimize have criticized the platform’s limitations, especially on the free version, which restricts the number of tests, goals, and runtime for experiments. Additionally, its free version lacks dedicated customer support and has been accused of inflating visitor count. The installation of an anti-flicker snippet can impact loading time too. These challenges, along with the lack of features and services required by customers for experimentation, led Google to end Optimize and Optimize 360 in favor of investing in third-party integrations for Google Analytics 4.
The 10 Best Google Optimize Alternatives
Here are ten Google Optimize alternatives that offer similar functionality:
- Convert Experiences – A fast, flicker-free versioning tool that lets users run A/B, split, multivariate, and multipage testing
- VWO Testing – Allows users to create and test user experiences using a point-and-click visual editor
- Kameleoon – A full stack and feature experimentation tool that provides a machine-learning model to help predict visitor intent
- Zoho PageSense – Includes tools for tracking, analysis, optimization, and personalization
- AB Tasty – Provides user-friendly, low-code ways to experiment with various changes and optimize a website
- Omniconvert Explore – Designed for retailers and ecommerce sites, Omniconvert Explore offers a variety of personalization and segmentation tools
- Optimizely – Provides the same functionality as Google Optimize while allowing users to optimize every customer touchpoint
- Adobe Target – Offers personalization and automation at scale using machine learning algorithms
- SiteSpect – Geared towards enterprise-level organizations with a high volume of site traffic
- DynamicYield Experience OS – Allows users to algorithmically match content, offers, and products
To get the most out of these alternatives, consider their features, integrations, and pricing. The right choice will depend on your specific needs and budget.
If you need help with SEO and web development, SEO Augusta can help! We provide expert SEO services that will help your website rank higher on search engine results pages. Contact us today to learn more.